Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A very Busy Week or Two

So, whats new in the Marmet household? Well, we have an accepted offer on the house! The owner of our favorite restaraunt here in Wausau, the Eagle's Nest, put an offer in last week which we accepted! We have 3 more weekends to be out of our house (or 6 days). I count the time like that because people with broken legs make bad movers, so most of our work gets done when the able-bodied member of our family returns on the weekends. The cats, as usual, do nothing to help us.

John reports that he is enjoying his new job and the people he works with. In the evenings, he drives around Milwaukee, trying to see where we should live- a very scientific approach to moving.

My transfer to Milwaukee has gone through, and I will start down there on either May 5 or May 11th, depending on when I am able to get back to work. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for follow up with my leg.

It has been a very crazy time, and very stressful, but we have been very blessed with how smoothly this process has gone. It was early March when John got the offer, so in less than 6 weeks I have gotten a job in Milwaukee as well, and we have sold the house. As sad as it is to leave our friends in Wausau, having my family so close, and our first house, we are very excited for this new chapter in our lives.

Now all we need is me to be a little more mobile =).

1 comment:

Team RyKy said...

Boy... things are just falling into place. Have fun finding a house...here's a good website for mapping neighborhoods and research if you are looking in Milwaukee.

http://www.milwaukee.gov/PublicApplications13176.htm

We are excited for you!